Monday, April 21, 2008

It's been a while...

So sorry to all (both?) of my faithful readers regarding the lack of updates.
I'll start with the Disney trip which, aside from traveling, could not have gone better. We checked in to our condo booked through
www.allstarvacationhomes.com on Saturday afternoon. Fantastic place! Maggie insisted we call it our 'New House' all week. The girls had time for a dip in the pool and then we headed to dinner at Whispering Canyon Café.

Before we left, I picked up a copy of The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World With Kids and HIGHLY recommend this book to any obsessive-compulsive travel planner. I compiled a trip binder with maps from our condo to all of the Parks, Grandma and Grandpa's, and to Downtown Disney. I also included detailed touring plans for each park from The Guide in a heavy duty sheet protector. Each day I grabbed the map and the touring plan, plus frozen water bottles, camera, sunglasses, etc., and off we went.
The touring plans can be customized on a website to fit your specific family's likes and dislikes. I cannot say enough good things about these touring plans. You make a specific plan for each park with details on when to pick up and use the FASTPASSES, plus what order to do all your chosen rides/shows in order to minimize your wait in line. AND IT WORKED! Magic Kingdom was at capacity the two days we were there, and we did so well with our touring plan that we were able to get more than what we had planned done, leave the park for the afternoon (that's in the plan) and come back and repeat our favorites that evening. Maybe I'll rent out my binder. Or even loan it if you ask really nicely.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

OMG a Vacation Binder!?! Only you, lol.

Chip Duford said...

Leave the park for the AFTERNOON?!?!?!

Is it just because I don't have a family in tow that I think that that is simply INSANE?!?!

And it looks like it was a good idea for me to NOT visit you guys down there. Got a couple of things from the local talent agencies, which I worked on (auditions, etc) all week. Plus .. trying to save $$$! Or just not spend it. Gas alone would have killed me. What were gas prices like down there?

Amy said...

We left the park around 1, ate our big meal for the day back at the condo, swam a bit, then went back around 5 for the evening and to watch the closing fireworks.

I think gas was a little lower, but pretty close to here. Glad you got something productive accomplished anyway.

Amy said...

Forgot to add, you leave the park for the afternoon because that's when it's so crowded that you can barely move. And it was.