Thursday, March 13, 2008

Almost ready

In the past two weeks I have spent most of my spare time at the dance studio.
I have:
rhinestoned
tacked
painted
rhinestoned some more
hemmed
trimmed off some awful hot pink tulle and silver ric rac and sequins which were replace with white lace and pearls, and rhinestones
made chokers
helped velcro a table skirt
rhinestoned some more
did I mention the rhinestones?

Em brought her last costume home tonight (see 'hot pink tulle', 'ric rac', 'tacked' and 'rhinestoned' above).
I've got checklists printed, garment bags packed, make-up and hair stuff ready.

I'm exhausted. And very glad I don't have to dance.
The nice thing was, because I wasn't home after work and my hands were busy, I wasn't snacking. I think I've lost a couple pounds.

Check back for results and some pictures on Sunday. (No not of my weigh in, of the dance competition, silly!)

4 comments:

Chip Duford said...

where is her competition?

Amy said...

Miller Auditorium, Kalamazoo.
Two weeks from tomorrow is Clinton Twp.
You can check out the schedule on the side bar of my blog.

Chip Duford said...

The .. umm ... lady friend I'm ... working on .. seeing ... never mind about that ... She's going through the same thing you're going through right now ... her daughter dances as well, and she is making everything for her and ... seemingly the rest of her team as well. How do you guys do it?!?

Got to help today! Rolled up my sleeves and cut out some rigging for a set piece. It was fun!!! Well .. mostly ... she was pretty miserable ... not feeling well .. which I don't imagine makes things any easier.

Amy said...

It's not any different than getting ready for a play. You do what you have to do.

We have two comps in the Detroit area. Will they be at either of those?