Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Organization

The girls' first competition is next weekend. Last year with just Em, we had to transport 4 costumes with accessories (gloves, bows, yadda yadda), 2 pairs of shoes, make-up kit, hair stuff, jewelry, etc...


This year with two dancers we have 11 costumes with accessories, 7 pairs of shoes, 2 make-up kits, double the hair stuff, double the jewelry, etc., etc...


I actually bought a sturdy, double bar garment rack and a set of plastic drawers with the intention of mounting the drawers onto one side of the rack, putting all the costumes in separate garment bags, and all the shoes, make-up and hair stuff in the drawers. I spent about $50 on it.


But then I saw this...














It's at racnroll.com
Reviews I've read are very positive and say that the large holds up to 15 costumes. It costs about $125 and arrives within 1-2 days of ordering. Is the convenience of packing everything up and pulling it along with a handle worth the extra expense? I'm sure I could find someone that would want the rack I already bought.

Comments? Suggestions? Offers to come be my dance sherpa/make-up artist/hair dresser/costumer?

3 comments:

kategrizz said...

We only did "Team B" competition for 2 years (that means - Regionals only - no Nationals) - and it exhausted me! A is not in any competitive classes this year - but her studio will be at Nexstar - so look for Juliana's Academy of Dance - A's friends will be in those groups! A is concentrating more on her singing this year - and is looking forward to Access Broadway in Lansing in mid-April.

kategrizz said...

BTW - meant to say - that rolling dance bag, hangar thing - looks way cool. See in Skating - all the locker rooms have hooks! None of this dressing in the middle of a hotel ballroom jazz!!

Amy said...

They'll be at Nexstar in Kzoo? Or the Detroit one that was a week or two ago? I'll watch for Juliana's.