Monday, March 24, 2008

Family

And now a little salute to my family. Not the one I've built, but the one I was born into.








Here's mom and dad. They are an awesome team in the kitchen. This Easter we had Roast Beast (Prime Rib) to celebrate the sale of their boat Fortune Cookie.

And here, faithful readers, are my siblings. I love them one and all, parents and siblings, for who they are and who they've helped me become.








Yes, that's me in the middle.

And now another family story. I got to take Aubrey with us to mom and dad's for Easter. Everyone had left for church except me, Maggie and Aubrey. Not knowing what the Easter service kid care situation would be, I filled up my big 'grand-mom' bag with snacks, paper and pens, and a small Magna Doodle. Maggie saw that and said "I'll carry this one", meaning the larger (Laptop size) Magna Doodle. I said "No, let's go". She argued a bit, but finally came downstairs after me, grumbling about how she wanted a nicer family.
Later that afternoon as I'm packing up to leave I come across this:










Lucky for her I am not afraid to let my children vent their frustrations.
It actually gave me quite a chuckle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I finally have got un-packed and on the computor and am really enjoying your "BLOB". I especially liked the one about Emily's room, tell her that I look forward to seeing it. Also. the pompano looked great. (How did we miss it?)
Mom B.