Sunday, February 3, 2008

Bittersweet

Actually, there was nothing Bittersweet about it except the name of the place. Emily and Katie Livingston planned a ski outing for the Girl Scout troop. The rest of the Livingston girls came along. Our Katie was home for the weekend and said she'd help Maggie on the bunny hill, so they joined us as well.

I was a bit nervous about taking Maggie. I wanted to make sure I could be attentive to the Girl Scouts that were new to skiing. But I didn't need to worry. After a trip up the magic carpet (picture a conveyor belt that you stand on) and helping her up the tow rope once, she was off! I think next time we go I'll try to get her on a chair lift.

I hardly saw Emily all night. She was off with the Girl Scouts who had skied before. I did manage to catch her once at the top of a lift before she took off again.Katie decided that since she was on the bunny hill most of the night with Maggie she might just as well try snowboarding. She had gone with a friend once last year. She did get more comfortable and went up one of the chair lifts before the end of the night, but it seemed like every time I saw her she was on her butt!

Here's a picture of her coming down Creeping Myrtle.

I'll have to talk to our friend Holmes about getting the girls properly equipped for next season so we can do this a lot more!

No comments: